Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 24 - Whitewater powder

More powder. Just epic. More description to follow, but knee deep (deeper in parts) freshies. Unbelievable.

I have a lot more photos but have to Photoshop them as they're a bit dark. Silly me got excited and forgot to wind the ISO on ze camera out to 400.

The hike to Shortside begins.

The view down toward the final hike. Apparently Packy was mooning me. Thank the Lord I only had a wide angle lense on. It is looking rather white down there, though.

Entrance to Powderland.

Ripping and shredding. Bananas.

I had the shutter on 1/15th from a previous shot to capture the heaviness of the snow through blurring the flakes. I forgot to wind the shutter out to 1/1250 and this is the result. Came out all art. Mistakes rule.


Phil goes Bossssshhhhh. Bosh bosh. Like some sort of powder banshee.

No comments: