Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 16 - Banff

Today we transited to Banff from Emerald Lake.







So nice to be back in Banff. Lots more money in town from even 5 years ago.

Our accomodation is sweet (thanks Kristy!) and is at the Banff Centre. Gym, pool, squash, basketball, music recitals; the list goes on. We right near the Fairmont Banff Springs. I won't say how much it is, but it is super cheap.

Fairmont Banff Springs.

A roundabout near the Fairmont Banff Springs. Quelle Horreure! The people in this area were running around like crazies. A roundabout! Egad!!

Rails

Banff has blown my cycling weight waaaaay past a mountain-smashing 61kg. I have been into ze toffees, choccies...oh lord, I am in for some recovery training when I return.

Banff Avenue.



I've given up on good coffee until Nelson, or basically until I get home. The Wild Flour which is all organic and stuff (menu looks awesome) was a bit of a let down.

Finally it looks like snow for late this week which should see us with fresh snow in Fernie and maybe even into Whitewater for the last few days.

Tomorrow I get to ride Sunshine with two Aussies who can shred so it should be awesome.

Looks like Tuesday will be either Sunshine again or a down day, with Wednesday off to Fernie.

There are deer roaming around where we are and moose walk around Banff, it's crazy.

1 comment:

Tim's Mum said...

Hi my eldest, Glad the conspiracy re bad coffee continues but at least the Bundy and Vegemite was available. Great to see Zacks cousins they are beautiful photos and the landscapes of snow are amazing, I think you need some Mummy cooking, anything you want in particular ? Keep safe glad you made the decision re coming home safely. Look forward to seeing you. every day has been over 35 enjoy the cold while you can. Not one drop of rain. By the way I love you to. MUMMY