Tuesday, September 16, 2008

3degrees fundraiser report

Our first 3degrees fundraiser was held on Saturday 13th Sept, with $500 being raised to abate around 17 tonnes of carbon.  We pulled this night together very quickly so we're pretty happy with the outcome.

The money has already gone to Greening Australia. 17 tonnes of carbon equates to:
- 5 return flights to Vancouver from Melbourne; or
- 8 return flights from Melbourne to Japan; or
- 8 return flights from New York to Zurich; or
- 68 return flights from London to Zurich
That's a lot of snow-bound flying sunk.

It was a super fun night, and a massive thank-you must go everyone who attended and donated money to the cause. Equally, thanks to PeaCe and the crew at Silverski/Oishii Go! for looking after us - thanks PeaCe, Wenzel, Easy/Ez (spelling, sorry!), Cass, Jaye, Whit etc.  The night could note have been a success without their support, so thanks guys!
Drawing the winner (Dan Marsh, Heresy/Tim M, PeaCe)

Robbie is stoked. He was riding one of our demo boards and really loved it, so was very, very happy to win this (though you can't really tell).

DJ Thomas the Terror - people were stoked Tom was back (see the photos, we cut up the dancefloor so hard we broke it).

Whitney Houston - it's how we rolled. Tim ("I will mind-freak you"), Nicola, Elyse, Tommy, Brett.


I only took a couple of photos as I was flat out running around doing stuff (not drinking, I swear), here are some I snapped from the weekend and night.

Tom (left) was our DJ for the night. He was awesome.  Brett is our Falls rep.  I saw him partying pretty hard.  Ah, the life of a Heresy rep, it's all sunshine and lollipops!

I think Brett made a bad joke here. Dude, that stunk! Tom is looking at me and (probably thinking); "Dude, did that just happen?"

Then I made an actual funny joke and everything was ok.

Here we are setting up. Dan from The Red Eyes is sussing something interesting out - perhaps the overly complicated raffle book. Stevie is rocking a pretty bright Heresy headband. I think he thought it was a 70s night. Maybe he was going for the best green outfit award. Close Stevie, but the red wrecked it.

Here we see a young lady who got herself tickets to everything and an anti whaling t-shirt describe the fish she caught the other day to Packy.

Packy once again gets his head (his mum would say it's lovely, but I remain unconvinced) in a photo.

Gary and Nathan are from WA. They had a tremendous time and my rabbit spotlight caught them busting some pretty awesome dance manoeuvres.

And (I think) this is Nicola from Falls cutting the rug up with some pretty rad style.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Looks like a fun time!

I'd forgotten what Packy looks like without goggles and both feet touching the ground!