Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Meet our new Austria rep

Heresy has a new rep in Fiss, Austria. Her name is Jaye and she's from Australia. Here she is below. How happy does she look?! I just want to hug her or something.

Now, we really dig Jaye. She's super nice, she's SUPER can-do and she loves Heresy.

We met Jaye up at Falls Creek last year at our environmental fundraiser and what immediately struck me was how stoked she was on just being alive. Or at least serving us delicious Japanese food and Asahis. Maybe she just really believes in Japanese cuisine.

We were eating dinner at Oishii-Go!/Silverski (who were hosting the fundraiser) and she was just delightful and helpful and friendly. She mentioned she was heading over to Austria to work, and I immediately knew we needed to somehow involve her in Heresy.

So here we are. She's in Austria, and doing an awesome job. She's got everyone at her resort into Heresy and into our 3degrees initiative. She's getting the word spread and feedback is awesome.

Stay tuned for news on an upcoming fundraiser that we're hosting in Austria that Jaye's organising. I'm having to do nothing! She's pretty can-do.

If you need to contact Jaye to check out our boards, or for anything really, shoot us an email to hs | at | heresysnowboarding.com and we'll pass the email on.

I thought I'd interview Jaye but seeing as I haven't emailed her any questions, I thought I'd answer them for her. So none of the below is probably true. Well some probably is.

Tim: Hi Jaye, how're things over in AT going?
Jaye: Well, Tim, they're awesome. I'm having an awesome time. I'm not drinking much, which is good, and I'm working hard and REALLY ENJOYING IT. If it was any more fun working, I would probably explode.
T: Sounds rad. How're things with Heresy, and how rad is that Tim character?
J: Well, firstly, Tim is super-rad. Heresy is really awesome, I particularly like how they're all about the environment and sustainability and trying to save the planet. It's rad.
T: It is pretty can-do, you're right. So what is your favourite food?
J: What a boring question Tim, as IF anyone cares about that (it's Lindt chocolate).
T: WOW! How amazing, my favourite food is also Lindt chocolate. What a COINCIDENCE.
J: Sure, Tim, it's a coincidence.
T: So how do you see things panning out with Heresy?
J: Well this launch party/fundraiser we're doing is looking rad, really. Everyone is on board and I'm getting rad feedback on the brand, which is rad.
The product is great, but stop sending me thermals I have enough. Even though they are rad.
T: OK, I better stop sending more.
J: I'm pretty excited about it, and also ripping it up at Falls this year for Heresy. Because Falls is Heresy's home. I think your ethics and ideals really appeal to a core type of person who cares. And you obviously care about it, don't you?
T: You're right, I do care. I want there to be a snow season for my kids. Good on you for asking some good questions though Jaye.
J: Anyway, I have to go soon, your questions are pretty boring.
T: Ok, thanks for answering our questions.

Wow, Jaye just totally shut me down. She's tough!

- tim | heresy head ninja

No comments: